All Alpha Leadership Project students can receive up to $4,000 in guaranteed scholarships upon graduating from high school. Students and Parents/Guardians have equal responsibility and must be actively involved in the program and complete the necessary requirements.
To be eligible for the ALP Scholarship of $4,000, students (and parents) must complete the following requirements:
- 9th grade students must attend 6 of the 8 ALP workshops.
- ALP students must maintain a 2.0 GPA during the 9th - 12th grade.
- ALP students must attend school regularly and are expected to only miss school for emergencies and illness.
- ALP students must participate in ALP activities inside and outside of school, including community service projects, field trips, and other educational and outreach activities.
- ALP students must graduate from DCPS or Public Charter High School
- Parents of ALP students must complete a parent application and the ALP Parent Training component.
ALP students will be guaranteed the DC-CAP Last Dollar Award for their first and second years in college; a total of $4,000 ($2000 each year) if all program requirements are completed. This includes the following: attending and participating in at least 6 of the 8 workshops during the student’s first year in the Alpha Leadership Project; graduates from a DC Public or Public Charter high school with a cumulative 2.0 GPA; and whose parent/guardian participates in the ALP Parent Training by completing the six online workshops.
If the student completes the program, but the parent/guardian does not, the student will be guaranteed the DC-CAP Last Dollar Award for their first year in college only; a total of $2,000.