The Alpha Leadership Project (ALP) is a program within DC-CAP, designed for young men of color in DC public and public charter high schools. ALP strives to assist and empower students through the educational process, improve academic achievement, increase the possibility that they graduate from high school, and be socially and academically prepared to enroll and graduate from college. The core components of the program are personal development, positive peer pressure, and parent training.
The objectives of ALP are:
- assist young black male DC public and public charter high school students to stay engaged in the educational process,
- improve academic performance & achievement,
- increase the possibility that ALP students graduate from high school, and
- encourage social and academic preparedness for college enrollment, performance and graduation.
The major components of the ALP are:
- "The Academy," - student personal development workshops for 9th graders,
- Alpha Leadership Fraternity - component designed for upperclass students,
- Parent training, and